Bio oil is a product which is marketed worldwide that contains more than 30 ingredients, including synthetic oils, natural oils from flowers and seeds, such as lavender oil and rosemary oil, and various chemicals, such as benzyl salicylate and Alpha-isomethyl Ionone. The primary ingredient is mineral oil (paraffinum liquidum) and the substance that is credited for the product's healing ability is PurCellin. Bio-oil purcellin oil is a specialist skincare product that helps improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks and uneven skin tone. Reviews on bio oil state that its advanced formulation, which contains the breakthrough ingredient, also makes it highly effective for numerous other skin concerns, including aging skin and dehydrated skin.
So, Is bio oil actually any good? As with all other cosmetic products, results vary depending on the skin type of the user. If there is a match between the user’s skin type and the components of the product, ideally, clinical studies indicate that:
- Bio oil is non-comedogenic – there is very little probability of clogging the pores hence, it is safe to use for the face
- Bio oil is non-acnegenic – the formula is light, therefore, pimple break-outs that lead to profusion of acne, are not likely to occur
- Bio oil is hypoallergenic – its non-greasy base provides a gentle layer without causing allergies or other negative reactions to the skin
There are a number of benefits of bio oil. Bio oil is a specially prescribed product for proper maintenance and care of skin. Skin disorders such as aging skin, uneven skin tone, scars, wrinkles, stretch marks and dehydrated skin can be cured with proper application of bio oil on a regular and prescribed basis. Bio oil is widely used and prescribed, as even skin specialists all around the world understand the benefits of it. A major ingredient of bio oil is purcellin oil, which is extremely useful and does the majority of the repair work for the skin.
Other ingredients of bio oil are vitamin A, vitamin E, calendula oil, lavender oil, rosemary oil and chamomile oil. These ingredients act as anti-oxidants which help to condition the skin by making it softer and by improving the elasticity of the skin, hence making it more resistant towards dirt and pollution.
However, any natural formulation takes a while to work on the body mainly because building up the body's defense mechanisms takes time. Generally, people start to see results in four to six weeks or from six to eight weeks, at most. Some of the disadvantages of using bio oil are as follows:
- Presence of synthetic ingredients such as mineral oil - just like other cosmetic products, bio oil contains mineral oil which may clog the pores especially if the user’s skin type is incompatible with this ingredient
- Results take time to be achieved - as mentioned; bio oil results are not instant. Users need to religiously apply the treatment oil according to the prescribed frequency over long periods of time before getting the expected effects
- Can cause itchiness if skin type is incompatible - some bio oil reviews highlight that consumers whose skin type is not suited for the ingredients experience itchiness or redness of the skin
It is tempting to go for a quick, short term solution when experiencing skin problems. Solving a problem with methods that only create more problems should never be an option. The best way to deal with skin problems is with natural products that deliver healthy, long term results with no negative side effects.
Thank you for reading Is Bio Oil any Good? – Find out the Pros & Cons of Using Bio Oil.
If you like this post please consider linking to it using this code: