Bio Oil has been around the skincare market for more than two decades already. Evident in its history, the brand has continuously delivered skin deep improvements as early as 1987 when it was first introduced to consumers.
It was in 2001 when Bio Oil’s popularity peaked after a global roll-out was initiated to expand its availability and reach; to date, it is being distributed in more or less 22 countries in areas including the USA, Canada, Europe, Malaysia, Africa, New Zealand, Japan and many others.
Bio Oil Essentials: Unlocking the Product
What is Bio Oil? is a primary question that consumers ask at first encounter with this brand. Bio Oil is a skincare specialist brand that combines the properties of both oil and cream to correct a multitude on skin imperfections – acne, uneven skin tone, stretch marks and dry skin among others. Specifically for topical and external applications, Bio Oil is formulated with natural extracts, vitamins and safe chemical ingredients suitable even for sensitive skins.
As with all other cosmetic products, results vary depending on the skin type of the user. Product tests indicate that this non-greasy formula, which resembles the function of a moisturizer, can be safely applied to the face and other parts of the body. If there is a match between the user’s skin type and the components of the product, ideally, clinical studies indicate that:
- Bio Oil is non-comedogenic – there is very little probability of clogging the pores hence it is safe to use for the face
- Bio Oil is non-acnegenic – the formula is light therefore pimple break-outs that leads to profusion of acne, are not likely to occur
- Bio Oil is hypoallergenic – its non-greasy base provides a gentle layer without causing allergies or other negative reactions to the skins
Bio Oil – Does it Work?
This brand is marketed as part of an overall beauty regimen. As mentioned, Bio Oil is primarily used to even out skin impurities and to correct visible blemishes in different parts of the body. In terms of the product’s uses, consumers are concerned with the question: Does Bio Oil work? Specifically, some Bio Oil uses include treatment of the following:
- Scars (scars form injuries, acne scars, scars from surgery/operations, burn scars) – with continuous application, this treatment oil lightens and smoothens newly healed or mature scars on the surface of the skin. An improvement in the redness and tone and reduction in the area occupied can be clearly seen after use of the product.
- Stretch marks – topical application of Bio Oil on stretch marks over sustained periods of time improves the elasticity of the affected area hence it aids in the reduction of visible small to large marks.
- Uneven skin tone – dark patches on the skin specifically those on the face and neck area can be remedied by Bio Oil. Application of Bio Oil improves the surface’s evenness and the overall skin condition.
- Dry, dehydrated skin and flaky patches – the combination of natural plant oil, vitamins and selected components in a non-greasy Bio Oil formula provides lubrication to smoothen out flaky areas of the skin
- Aging skin – as the formula improves the skin’s elasticity, aging skin is made even firmer
Overall, the benefits of Bio Oil include (1) lighter color and more even texture of the skin specifically in areas with blemishes or scars, (2) softer and supple skin which translates to a lower tendency of developing wrinkles and (3) healthy, moisturized overall skin condition.
Ingredients of Bio Oil: What Goes into the Product?
Bio Oil ingredients can be divided into three categories: natural plant oils, vitamins and other synthetic (laboratory-made) components.
- Natural plant extracts that can be found in this treatment oil are Calendula (Marigold) Oil, Lavender oil, Rosemary Oil, and Chamomile Oil. These ingredients serve as antioxidants and conditioning agents for the skin; they are likewise popular for their calming and soothing effect.
- To provide skin deep improvements, Vitamins A and E are also found in Bio Oil. These elements enhance the skin’s elasticity, tone and hydration leaving it healthy and smoother.
- The most popular lab-made component of Bio Oil is called the PurCellin Oil. This component allows Bio Oil to have the properties of both cream and oil. On one hand, cream is light and absorbent however, does not readily retain key ingredients like vitamins and plant extracts; oil on the other hand provides a perfect storage for plant extracts and vitamins, however is thick and greasy. PurCellin reduces the thickness of oil and enhances the property of cream, taking advantage of the characteristics of both. This substance serves as the base for the Bio Oil formulation. As with other cosmetic products, other components in Bio Oil include Benzyl Salicylate and BHT among others.
Bio Oil has been proven helpful in addressing problems on scars, stretch marks, unbalanced skin tone and many other skin imperfections. While following of the prescribed application yields the best result, it should be remembered that effects for any cosmetic brand greatly depends on the type of skin and the degree of correction that has to be made.
Thank you for reading Bio Oil: Understand the Brand, its Uses, Benefits and Components.
If you like this post please consider linking to it using this code: