Bio Oil reviews predominantly circulating in different websites highlight both the positive and negative aspects of the brand. First released in the market during the late 80’s and eventually popularized in early 2000’s, Bio Oil has caught the attention of consumers, patrons and detractors alike because of the favorable and unfavorable feedbacks attached to the product.
Bio Oil is a skincare formulation specially designed to help in the improvement of surgery or acne scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, dry and dehydrated skin and aging skin. Considered a breakthrough in the market for cosmetic products, Bio Oil contains the laboratory-made substance called PurCellin Oil. This component allows the brand to have a potent base which retains plant extracts and vitamins without the greasiness attributable to oil-based beauty products.
Bio Oil Review: Product, Place, and Price for the Brand
To provide an objective review of the product, the following section gives the fundamental aspects of Bio Oil that consumers need to familiarize with.
Product. Marigold Oil, Lavendar Oil, Rosemary Oil, and Chamomile Oil combined with Vitamins A and E and PurCellin Oil are the primary components that make up Bio Oil’s formulation. This product bears similarity with commercial moisturizers that enhance the overall tone, texture and condition of the skin. With only a single product format in the form of treatment oil, the brand comes in three sizes: 60 ml, 125 ml and 200 ml. This product is packaged using plastic bottles and enclosed in simple recyclable boxes.
Place. Bio Oil takes advantage of its global reach hence it is available in countries and continents such as Africa (Botswana, Kenya, Lesotho, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, and Zimbabwe), Australia, Canada, Europe (United Kingdom, Ireland, and the Netherlands), Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand and USA. The product is most commonly found in pharmacy outlets, drugstores, grocery stores, supermarkets, and department stores. Specifically, carrier of Bio Oil in these countries include: Tesco, Costco, Kmart, Target, Wal-Mart, and Watsons. Moreover, this can also be purchased over the internet in websites such as Amazon, Pharmacy Direct and ePharmacy among others.
Price. Bio Oil price vary depending on the channel where the product is distributed. Several online sellers offer competitive prices which are relatively lower than those offered by physical distribution outlets. However, shipping costs still need to be factored in. Typically, prices for Bio Oil are such: 12 US$ to 15 US$ for 60ml (2fl.oz) bottles; 20 US$ for 125ml (4.2fl.oz) and approximately less than 30 US$ for the 200 ml size.
Consumer Insights: The Pros and Cons of Bio Oil
Reviews on Bio Oil focus mainly on the product’s ingredients, efficacy and promise to consumers. It should be noted however, that since almost all cosmetic products deliver varying results depending on a user’s skin type, both positive and negative feedbacks are just as natural. Readers should take note that one review may not absolutely encompass everything that needs to be discussed about the product; hence, other resources might need to be consulted. The following section is an attempt to run through the commonly stressed points and comments from Bio Oil reviews.
- Presence of natural plant oils – extracts from Marigold and Rosemary are proven to be natural antioxidants while Lavender and Chamomile oils give of a soothing and calming effect when applied on the skin.
- Easy to use – compared to other cosmetic products, Bio Oil is relatively easier to use since consumers would have to rub it on the skin; no need to apply complementary products one layer after the other.
- Smells wonderful; light and acceptable for use even during the day – Bio Oil’s PurCellin component reduces the thickness of the oil hence providing a gentle formulation suitable to wear anytime of the day; moreover, the combination of plant extracts with the lab-made ingredients creates a long lasting fragrance when applied in the areas of the body.
- High moisturizing property – PurCellin Oil enables Bio Oil to retain all the nutrients and vitamins of the ingredients hence providing intense moisturizing for the skin. Healthy and nourished skin is one of the expected Bio Oil results after continuous use.
- Favorable results with sustained application – like with other treatment products, Bio Oil’s effects are not instant; however, continuous application of the oil over a period of 4 weeks or more delivers improvements on the affected area.
- Prevention of stretch marks – Bio Oil is a proactive product for the prevention of stretch marks; Bio Oil reviews on stretch marks indicate that this product improves the skin’s elasticity hence providing remedy before this skin impurity arises.
- Takes time to be absorbed – because the formulation is oil-based, full absorption by the skin takes a few seconds hence for some skin types, drying might be needed before putting on the clothes.
- Presence of synthetic ingredients such as mineral oil – Just like other cosmetic products, Bio Oil contains mineral oil which may clog the pores especially if the user’s skin type is incompatible with this ingredient.
- Results take time to be achieved – as mentioned, Bio Oil results are not instant. Users need to religiously apply the treatment oil according to the prescribed frequency over long periods of time before getting the expected effects.
- Can cause itchiness if skin type is incompatible – some Bio Oil reviews highlight that consumers whose skin type is not suited for the ingredients experience itchiness or redness of the skin.
Bio Oil reviews provide varying perspectives on the success and/or shortcomings of this product in treating skin problems. Overtime, because of the popularity of Bio Oil, consumers have found a great deal of uses for the product. Along with the treatment of scars, stretch marks, dry skin and uneven skin tone, Bio Oil has also been used to lighten eye bags or to style the hair – these, however, are not yet proven in terms of their efficacy and are primarily based on consumers’ suggestions and trials of the product.
Thank you for reading Bio Oil Reviews – What Consumers Say About the Brand?.
If you like this post please consider linking to it using this code: